Monday, August 27, 2007

I'm back... partially

It all started a few days ago when my beautiful baby girl, Charity, developed a runny nose. Okay, no big deal, we can handle runny noses... it's gross and unattractive, but survivable... then, we left Saturday morning to visit my grandparents, parents, Ron's grandpa, meet with a church group... at Burger King, etc, etc (a very busy day to say the least). Now on the way down to my grandparents house, Faith was making quite the scene because she, too, seemed to be developing this cold... and, the stuffy feeling must have been getting on her nerves, because she was very dramatic about it. So, before I stopped at my grandparents, I pulled over to a Family Dollar and got a children's cold/allergy medication. This seemed to help, but then I was starting to not feel so well. When I have a cold, I can feel a little gaggy, but being PG and having a cold is not a good combination. To make a very long story short, my family is enjoying listening to me try to talk without my voice... you will just have to call me today to hear how this works. My husband thinks its a little funny... I told him that when we get old together, this is the voice he will hear from me. He laughed! I sound more sick than I think I actually am... I am extra tired and have been coughing up stuff (okay, now this is getting gross)... but other than that I am not really feeling that sick.
Sunday, Ron preached in Nelsonville. That is a very nice little church... felt like I have known some of the people forever. I enjoy adult fellowship when I can get it. Don't get me wrong, my kids are a blast, but sometimes, you know, it is nice to talk to someone who is also an adult!
We stayed in a hotel owned by a college... nice rooms, but it was so funny that they had so many signs reminding us to save the Earth, water, and energy. I was hoping it was okay to flush the toilet. The girls had a tough time going to sleep... so I did a motherly thing :-) and gave them each some cold/allergy medicine to help bring on the zzzz's. But, Charity got choked up on hers and try as I might, I could not help her. She ended up vomiting on the hotel floor. This made me start gagging. It was a very interesting evening.
Last night, when we returned back home, I discovered that Faith was fevered. I medicated her and went to put her toddler bed mattress on my bedroom floor so she could sleep in my room, because she had gotten ill after I had given her medication, and I was sure she would want Mommy. When I went in her room last night to get her mattress, I discovered a huge spider hanging out on the canopy over her bed. You just have to know how I feel about spiders! I have a very strong distaste for them! I quickly snatched Charity out of her crib, and had my husband get rid of the cruel-looking creature in the girls' bedroom. He was even amazed at the size of this thing. Anyway, Faith's fever got worse in the night, so I medicated her again and made sure she got her fluids. This morning she seems much better... at least the fever was much lower. Have you ever thought about how much money a mother would make if she got paid for what she did... nurse, teacher, cook, housekeeper, record keeper/secretary, laundry maid, referee, guard, etc., just how much money an hour would we make... but, the biggest job is leading the children to Jesus. Forget the money, my children serving Jesus, loving Him with all their hearts, souls, strength, and minds, and loving their neighbors as themselves... that is what I want out of my job. No money could compare to that!
Anyway, family night may have to be moved to another night because I am not sure how fun it would be with a bunch of sick people, and my husband being exhausted from last night's drive, then getting up probably at 4:30 am to go pray and get to work this morning at 6 o'clock.
Yep, this house needs to just go to bed for half a day. So, yes, I am back... but, not my voice, and those who know me well, know that without being able to talk well, I am not quite complete. "Yeah!" for computers where you can communicate without the voice!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Mollie was sitting in children's church yesterday and said, "where's Faith?" I told her that Faith's daddy had to preach at another church and she said, "well, I miss her." Just thought you would like to know that your family was missed yesterday! Hope everyone is feeling better soon.

Sarah Cook said...

How sweet! Faithy announced in Sunday School at the other church that she did not want to go there. I felt sorry for the teacher... she would not cooperate with the kind lady! She wanted to show Sister Manley her Bible so she could get a treat. Sure is difficult on little kids to change their "normal" routine.